Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy X360 15-ee0003nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I need to ask you a question: Is the ram upgradable? Because I've asked to an HP technician and they've answered (when i've bought the Notebook) that i can do the upgrade by myself if I want, but I've found the crucial site which says that there are no RAMS avaible, but the HP site doesn't say that it's onboard and HWInfo says DDR4-SDRAM like the HP site...

I'm starting to use some heavy RAM programs and i've thought from what HP have said to me that I could upgrade that one day if I wanted to...

I've also seen another post from another 15-ee0XXX user wich upgraded the ram...

Is it possible? There is a RAM Limit? Should I choose 3200Mhz or 2666 Mhz? (there is a switch from the BIOS?) should I upgrade only one channel (16 or 8 Gb stick with the actual 4Gb stick?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The best idea would be to have 2x8GB as it will run in dual channel mode.

Yes you can use cheaper or different RAM just make sure no XMP (for example the Crucial Balistics will run at 2666MHz as they will only reach 3200MHz with XMP.

Upgrading RAM and Drives is an accepted practice and will not void warranty (as long as you do not break anything in the process 😀 )

Let me know if you need further help,

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is possible to upgrade the RAM to max 32GB of DDR4 3200MHz RAM (2x16GB)

You need to make sure you purchase RAM that can works at 3200MHz without XMP

Example

https://www.amazon.it/Crucial-CT8G4SFRA32A-DDR4-Memoria-Laptop/dp/B08C4Z69LN/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_it_IT=%...

On page 30 of service manual you can see the steps to install the RAM

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06618426.pdf

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Just to add

at the moment you have 2x4GB

take care

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. It's so good to hear that.  🙂 

I was so worried for the risk of non upgradable RAM. I should check the XMP factor... I was thinking on another Crucial model (still 3200, but with less cost), but i need to check if it doesn't have XMP.

Do you think i should choose the 4+16Gb (or 4+8Gb) layout (keep the old 4gb RAM stick with the new one) or should i choose 8+8Gb (all RAM new) layout?

Also, there is still no issue with the warranty to do that by myself? I don't think i have any HP store near my city...

HP Recommended

Hi,

The best idea would be to have 2x8GB as it will run in dual channel mode.

Yes you can use cheaper or different RAM just make sure no XMP (for example the Crucial Balistics will run at 2666MHz as they will only reach 3200MHz with XMP.

Upgrading RAM and Drives is an accepted practice and will not void warranty (as long as you do not break anything in the process 😀 )

Let me know if you need further help,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.