Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Laptop- 14m-dw0023dx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello

My laptop is a HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx. My laptop's memory is currently 8GB RAM and the SSD is 237GB. I am looking to get more RAM on my laptop and was wondering what's the best supported RAM product to buy and the instructions? I was also wondering if it's possible for my laptop to support more than 16GB RAM. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The memory you selected will not work because it is only used in desktop PC's and there is no way it would fit in your notebook.

If you want to buy memory at Best Buy, this 16 GB memory chip should work, and for 32 GB you would need to buy two of them.

CORSAIR VENGEANCE Performance 16GB (1PK 16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 C22 SODIMM Laptop Memory Black CMSX16GX4M...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended...

There is conflicting information in the manual.

Chapter 1 indicates the memory is onboard (soldered to the motherboard) and is not upgradable.

Chapter 5 shows the procedure to remove and replace the memory.

The crucial memory report indicates that the memory can support 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-3200 memory.

HP - Compaq | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

If the memory is upgradable, chapter 5 of the service manual shows a 16 GB memory part number, so my assumption is that the notebook can support 2 x 16 GB of memory if it can be removed.

You can run this command to confirm how much memory your notebook can support if the memory is removable:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and hit enter.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

I recommend this 32 GB memory kit that Crucial indicates is compatible with your notebook:

Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT2K16G4SFRA32A | Crucial.com

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The memory you selected will not work because it is only used in desktop PC's and there is no way it would fit in your notebook.

If you want to buy memory at Best Buy, this 16 GB memory chip should work, and for 32 GB you would need to buy two of them.

CORSAIR VENGEANCE Performance 16GB (1PK 16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 C22 SODIMM Laptop Memory Black CMSX16GX4M...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.