Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power — 15-cb010ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem. I bought a new RAM for my laptop, but it doesn't fit to to the second RAM slot. Moreover, old RAM also doesn't fit to the second RAM slot.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You are sure you have the correct RAM? You need DDR4 2400MHz notebook RAM.

That the RAM which is already in the machine does not fit in second is strange. Is there something blocking the slot, have you turned the RAM in the correct direction,. You are removing at an angle and then pushing down?

You must be able to see what is blocking the slot. Can you post a picture of the two slots openings.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Yes, I bought SO-DIMM DDR4 RAM for my laptop. And it fits to the first RAM slot. Yes, I tried to insert RAM at the same angle as in the first RAM slot. My second slot differs from the first. Photo from InternetPhoto from InternetMy notebookMy notebook

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.