Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15t-cx0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to find out what is maximum RAM my HP Pavilion 15t-cx0000 3BS37AV my laptop can handle.

Right now my RAM is one stick of 16MB. IT is working fine. I was told in the previous correspondence that my mother board could accommodate 32MB.  IS that correct? IF it is, when i plug anonther 16MB stick when i have a problem to boot.Windows is very unstable. Do i need to change something in BIOS and or mother board?  I have latest BIOS F.25 Rev. A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That part number should have worked fine because it should have bridged to 2666 MHZ, which should have changed the timings to the standard CL19 for 2666 MHz memory.

Run the free tool that I zipped up and attached below and it should show you the speed the memory is running at as well as the timing specs.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem could be.

I've never had a problem using Crucial memory in my PC's.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the Crucial memory report for your notebook.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion gaming 15 | Pavilion Gaming 15 (Models 15-cx0000 ...

According to the report you can install 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-2666 MHz memory.

Chapter 5 of the service manual indicates that no BIOS update is required when you install memory.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP a...

What kind of 16 GB memory did HP install?

Was it just the standard DDR4-2666 MHz memory with the Extended timings - 19-19-19?

What kind of memory did you install?

Normally you should stick to standard memory unless HP installed gaming memory in your notebook.

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT16G4SFD8266 | Crucial.com

If the timing specs are different for the memory you installed, that could cause issues because you can't adjust the memory timing in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

I've got Crucial 16 GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM

part# Ct16G4SFRA32A

config ID CT18656175

Extended timing- 22-22-22

PC speed - PC4-25600

DIMM type - Unbuffered

It appears that timing is different. Is that my problem?

HP Recommended

That part number should have worked fine because it should have bridged to 2666 MHZ, which should have changed the timings to the standard CL19 for 2666 MHz memory.

Run the free tool that I zipped up and attached below and it should show you the speed the memory is running at as well as the timing specs.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem could be.

I've never had a problem using Crucial memory in my PC's.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

Ill try.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

on the same subject.

Someone suggested to reset CMOS to solved my booting problem what i have 2 16GB modules installed.

Do you think its worth a try and if so how do i do it?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know how you would do that on your model.

Normally you reset the CMOS by removing the RTC battery on the motherboard, but your notebook does not have a RTC battery.

You can try disconnecting the internal main battery and see if that resets the CMOS.

You'll know if the CMOS was reset because you will need to reset the date, time and any BIOS settings you may have changed.

You can also see if doing a hard reset of the notebook works...

HP PCs - How to Power Reset Your Computer | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.