Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 15m-es0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased an HP ENVY x360 15m-es0023dx. The specs say that it has 16gb DDR4 ram.  So it shouldnt be soldered on but before I open it up, can someone let me know if it's soldered or not???

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to chapter 1 of the service manual, the memory is upgradable, but HP indicates you are already at the max.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

I find that rather hard to believe.  Your notebook should be able to support 2 x 16 GB of memory.

HP Recommended

Yeah I wanted to pop in my 16gb I had from a previous laptop. I opened up the laptop but cant see the ram 

HP Recommended

If you look at chapter 5, page 41 of the manual, there is a shield covering the memory that you have to remove.

I hope that you are installing a DDR4-3200 MHz memory chip.

Anything slower will bottleneck the memory performance.

HP Recommended

Yes it is DDR4-3200

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.