Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17-ca0XXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does any one know how to get into a HP 17-ca0xxx to upgrade RAM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome  @AllenRK 

To help others please mark my post "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem!!!

REO

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @AllenRK 

Maintenance and Service Guide:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05985614

Botom Cover Remove/Replace starts on page 36.

REO

HP Recommended

pretty sure that did it - thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome  @AllenRK 

To help others please mark my post "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem!!!

REO

HP Recommended

Just so you know - the inside of my laptop was nothing like the service manual you sent. Not your fsault - everything about this laptop is screwey. I cant even find parts on the HP website to replace the feet that tore when opening the bottom. Not available for outside purchase. I bought this laptop because I was in love with the last Pavillion I had for 6 years - but this is the lousieest piece of trash I have ever owned. My last was 1.1 GHz this is 3.10 - the last was twice as fast, didn't have to buffer for tonline streaming from Netflix, and Hulu. I get really depressed when I think I'm stuck with this clunker for a few years.

Sorry - didn't mean to unload on you - thanks for the help!!!

(RAM installed - no problems)

HP Recommended

HI

I'm facing a similar question

envisaging to purchase ca-0013 (with Ryzen 5 & Vega 8, but only 4 GB RAm & Drive 500 GB), I'm dobble-checking few things:

as to extension capabilty ...

Reading the document HP 17  Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide
I found contradictory information :

"memory is non-customer accessible/non-upgradeable" is stated ...

YET a procedure describes how to extend RAM a bit further in the doc ...

??

Could you manage finally to upgrade / extend the RAM of your laptop ?

regards

Franck

Lokutus
HP Recommended

On my motherboard the same computer type 17-ca0xxx there is no place to install an M2 SSD stick the writing is there in big letters SSD but only circuits in place of where connection is supposed to be I am so fed up with this hunk of junk I'm almost ready to send it back I have never been so frustrated with a computer like this in my life I overpaid for this piece of crap.

HP Recommended

Do yourself a favor - it only gets worse, believe me - dump the **bleep** now and save yourself some grief. I can't even sell this on CL or eBay for junk or parts. I LOVED my last HP Pavillion which is why I bought this one. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I'm too invested in it now, I'm going to do another stick of ram make it 16GB and maybe I'll give it to my daughter for her homeschooling I'm making payments on this so I can't just give it back, No never again will I buy another HP pay this one off and use it as a frisbee.  

HP Recommended

Yep - I financed mine too - bought it through HSN. About a week after the 30 day return it craped out and I tried to return it. They wouldn't take it although they had taken other products after the 30 day period cause I have been with them for so long. Sent it back to HP and they replaced the HD. It quit again the local tech said it was the motherboard - cost more to replace it than it was worth. Long story short - I kept making the payments although I couldn't use it until I had to go into the hosp and missed one - The jerk from the bank who called about the late payment was so rude and abusive I haven't made a payment since. Ruined my credit - D**n sure worth it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.