Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-rb066ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

1. Why is the installed RAM running at 1866 MHz (for Samsung M471A5244CB0-CTD, the frequency is 2666 MHz, and the A4-9120 processor supports 2133 MHz)?

2. I also want to upgrade my computer: add RAM and install an SSD. What kind of RAM should I use? The laptop has a Samsung M471A5244CB0-CTD 1x4 GB 2666 MHz and 1 free slot. Is it worth installing another one of the same or buying two new bars with a frequency of 2133 MHz?

Config:

hp 15-rb066ur

CPU: AMD A4-9120 with Radeon R3 series graphics

RAM: Samsung M471A5244CB0-CTD 1x4 GB 2666 MHz

Drives: HDD 500 Gb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The memory specs for your notebook indicate that it runs at 1866 MHz.

HP Notebook - 15-rb066ur Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

I have a HP 255 G7 with the same processor as your notebook with DDR4-2400 memory and it runs at 1866 MHz.

There is only  one memory slot, and the max memory is 1 x 8 GB.

There is nothing wrong.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The memory specs for your notebook indicate that it runs at 1866 MHz.

HP Notebook - 15-rb066ur Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

I have a HP 255 G7 with the same processor as your notebook with DDR4-2400 memory and it runs at 1866 MHz.

There is only  one memory slot, and the max memory is 1 x 8 GB.

There is nothing wrong.

HP Recommended

There is no M.2 slot on the motherboard. There was an M.2 option on that model series but installed with an adapter sled into the same port as a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. 2.5 inch and M.2 SATA run at the same speed so save the money for the adapter sled and just get a 2.5 inch SATA SSD and replace the mechanical hard drive with it. 

Lots of good 2.5 inch SATA SSDs. WD Blue and Samsung 860 Evo are top choices but many other good ones and they all perform very close to the same. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Hi. Yes it is, but I couldn't find this information before. Okay, I figured out what kind of RAM I should buy. Thanks for the answer!

HP Recommended

Hi. Yes you are right. There is no M.2 connector, although I found information that this model contains it as an option. You just have to replace the hard drive with a 2.5-inch SATA SSD. Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.