Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

my notebook has 4gb RAM but it is showing that only 932mb is usable!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

A fix for this issue was released in Bios version F.25 however as HP bios updates are cumulative, you may as well just install the latest version ( F.26 ) on the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66805.exe

Once the update has started, do not interrupt it in anyway, even if it appears that nothing is happening - additionally, the machine may restart several times.

Wait until the notebook has loaded back into Windows before checking if this has corrected the memory issue.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

how can i get my product's model number which you want?

HP Recommended

product no.  C9L68PA#ACJ

serial no.     5CD3222J60

HP Recommended

Hi,

A fix for this issue was released in Bios version F.25 however as HP bios updates are cumulative, you may as well just install the latest version ( F.26 ) on the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66805.exe

Once the update has started, do not interrupt it in anyway, even if it appears that nothing is happening - additionally, the machine may restart several times.

Wait until the notebook has loaded back into Windows before checking if this has corrected the memory issue.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

will it effect my current installed softwares? i have many useful official use software loaded in my laptop!

HP Recommended

Hi,

No, it should not affect any of your software.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hey david. after my last update of my RAM problem which actually solved but not completely... after the update of my laptops BIOS f.26 the RAM is now usable only for 2.4gb out of 4 gb...  can you please help me out for the full usage of the RAM.. and i really want to thank you for the help...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.