Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15s-eq1000 Laptop PC (1E870AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi! I'm having a couple of issues on my HP 15s

1) An issue with my volume control. When I'm using the built in speakers I cannot control the volume, The slider works but the volume is stuck at a certain level and I can only mute. But the volume control works when I'm using Bluetooth or a wired headset. The issue is there just for the Built in speakers.

2) It says my laptop is supposed to have a RAM speed of 3200MHz but when i open task manager and check the ram speed under memory it says 2667MHz.

Is there any way to fix these issues? (8GBRam)

It has the Ryzen 5 4500U

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Kevin817,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand that you are facing issues with volume control. I'd like to help!

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows  key +X, select Control panel.
  2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
  3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
  4. Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the website.
Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:
a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
d. Install the latest audio driver from the website here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Kevin817,

As we did not hear from you, I'll be closing this case for now. Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.