Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

RAM upgrade & Warranty Extension.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw1017na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking to install the below Memory. I am also looking at extending my warranty and was wondering if this would void the warranty?

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B01N7K4DV4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

1 REPLY 1
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,629 44,406 7,157 12,696
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are free to install different memory and not harm your warranty. That memory (HyperX Impact) may seem like a good idea but you cannot make the laptop perform any faster with "gaming" or "performance" memory. Adding more memory can help and is a good idea but HP provides memory that runs at the fastest speed the motherboard can achieve on the memory. You can install a pair of 16 gig modules but use regular DDR4-2666 and understand it will downclock to -2400 speed. Good luck. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation