Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook 15-bs004ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi could u please confirm if this RAM is compatible with my laptop Notebook 15-bs004ne.( pic attached below)

Im unable to find 2133 MHZ which is my current RAM

and if this is compatible do i need to do any additional configuration after installation of the RAM to enable to function at maximum capacity?

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-29 at 8.08.36 PM.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The one you just posted above is the same part number I gave you, so that one should work.

The first one you posted is generic.  It has the right specs but there is no guarantee it will work in your notebook.

It might and it might not.

If it is not a huge difference in price I would go with the second one you posted because that is all but guaranteed to work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You want this part number for the 15-bs### model series...

CT4G4SFS824A

https://www.crucial.in/memory/ddr4/ct4g4sfs824a/ct10996093

HP Recommended

So won't the version I sent be compatible?

Because that's the only version I can find in my store

HP Recommended

Nobody will be able to answer that question.

I gave you the part number that Crucial says is compatible with your notebook.

If that is the only one you can get, you will have to cross your fingers and hope that it works.

HP Recommended

Is this compatible?... it's out of stock as of now though also the previous one was a better deal..I'm confused which to buy

Screenshot_20200729-231419_Amazon Shopping.jpg

HP Recommended

The one you just posted above is the same part number I gave you, so that one should work.

The first one you posted is generic.  It has the right specs but there is no guarantee it will work in your notebook.

It might and it might not.

If it is not a huge difference in price I would go with the second one you posted because that is all but guaranteed to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.