Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

RAM upgrade

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CD075NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this a few years ago, Linux Mint Cinnamon runs fast, Windows 10 64-bit Home (factory) runs slow. There are plenty of GB available in the swap area for Windows, so I know it is not a HDD issue. I have factory-installed 8Gb (4Gb x2) DDR4-2400 RAM. Question is, can I install DDR4-2666 or DDR4-3200 RAM? I found posts online that if the motherboard is 2400, a 3200 will run as 2400, so I am asking which is the fastest I can install. I do not use this for gaming, but I may be using this for a work-at-home position and that means telephonic and other company-specific programs.

TS

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
119,823 110,003 17,522 26,799
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05485598

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

The fastest speed the processor you notebook has can run the memory at is 1866 MHz, so installing any memory faster than that will just bridge to 1866 MHz.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation