Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 13-s101tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1) Model name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz

2)  Max Memory Size for the processor with dual-channel 32 GB   from Intel processor specification

3) Memory Type DDR4-2133, LPDDR3-1866, DDR3L-1600 from Intel processor specification

I am 8 GB DDR3 RAM for 2 slots. Is it possible to upgrade to 16GB each, 32 GB in total?  If not, 16GB total

Can I use DDR4 RAM instead of DDR3 RAM? The model number is 693374-005 for 8GB DDR3 in the manual

Please advise, with the appropriate model number, maximum RAM per channel, type.

Thanks

SK

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SKB_g2d1 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04863388

It has  4 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB) now. It ONLY has one slot of RAM and supports 8GB max. You can replace existing RAM using the following RAM

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr3/ct102464bf160b/ct8034230

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

It has 2 slots(not one) for 2 RAMs, and I am using 4GB RAM for each one of them.

As per Intel CPU specifications for the same, the motherboard supports a maximum of 32 GB RAM.

Hence, I am looking for a suggestion on upgrade,

Thanks

SK

HP Recommended

To clarify . given the  RAMs I have for two slots below, how much I may increase per slot, considering the intel core  CPU supports up to 32 GB, as below

*-cpu
description: CPU
product: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz
vendor: Intel Corp.
physical id: 4
bus info: cpu@0
version: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz
serial: To Be Filled By O.E.M

*-memory
description: System Memory
physical id: 28
slot: System board or motherboard
size: 8GiB
*-bank:0
description: SODIMM DDR3 Synchronous 1600 MHz (0.6 ns)
product: M471B5173EB0-YK0
vendor: Samsung
physical id: 0
serial: 1365A9F9
slot: Bottom - Slot 1 (left)
size: 4GiB
width: 64 bits
clock: 1600MHz (0.6ns)
*-bank:1
description: SODIMM DDR3 Synchronous 1600 MHz (0.6 ns)
product: 8KTF51264HZ-1G9P1
vendor: Micron
physical id: 1
serial: 1363544A
slot: Bottom - Slot 2 (right)
size: 4GiB
width: 64 bits
clock: 1600MHz (0.6ns)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.