Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Omni 120-1034
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I been wanting to get more mileage out of this Hp Omni all in one computer I bought a few years back. So I decided to add another 4gb ram into it. I looked up the exact ram type on the spec page on this site. It says its 4gb DDR3 PC3-10600 1333 mhz 200 pin. I had a hard time finding an exact match, but I found one on newegg. It said it was upgrade memory guaranteed to work on all Dell computers. I was a little concerned, but since the specs matched exactly, I didn't think it mattered.

Well I got the ram stick in today and added it into the empty slot on top. I closed everything up, started up my computer to first, see that the system read it, then to test the difference in performance. Well, it didn't boot at all. I got a message from Windows about the boot loader was not found. I have a disc and ran the option to repair. After much time, it finally finished and restarted with an error that no Windows installation was found. I used my labtop to search online for answers.

I discovered this is a pretty common problem after adding new ram . Somebody with the same issue as me shared after they removed the new ram, their computer started normally again. Then I also seen somebody else shared that the exact ram specs are not guaranteed to work if they are manufacturer specified ram sticks. I don't know if that is true or not, but I discovered my computer did start again after I removed the new ram.

I don't know what to do. I would really like to add that empy slot,but I'm afraid I'll buy another stick that won't work and I can't return. I also considered I may not have installed it correctly, but it appeared to only fit one way and I was really careful about placing it in the slot.

Here is the information I found on the spec page about my ram: (my model is 64 bit)

Memory

4 GB
  • Amount: 4 GB

• Speed: PC3-10600 MB/sec

• Type: DDR3-1333

Memory upgrade information
  • Single channel memory architecture

• Two 200-pin DDR3 SODIMM sockets

• Supports the following:

• PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)

• PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)

• Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered

• Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB DIMMs

• Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* systems

• Supports up to 8 GB on 64-bit systems

Here is the information about the add-on I purchased:

Model Brand AddOn - Memory Upgrades
Model A3761100-AA
Details
Capacity 4GB
Type 200-Pin DDR SO-DIMM
Speed DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
Cas Latency 9
Voltage 1.5V
ECC No
Buffered/Registered
Unbuffered
Compatible System Dell:
Latitude e5410
Latitude e5510

Is there a reason why this particular ram won't work? Then if so, what do I need to look for next time to guarantee I'm buying the right one? Except the stuff about the Dell, I see the exact same information. Then if this stick should work, what did I not do correctly while installing it? Any information would be much appreciated and thank you for listening if you made it to the end of my windy explanation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you check the following vendor ?

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-omni-120-1034

the main points could be  CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC 

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you check the following vendor ?

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-omni-120-1034

the main points could be  CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC 

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing that. I was actually looking for that page last night and couldn't find it. I noticed the ram sticks on that page are all 1600 mhz and the one currently inside my computer is 1333 mhz. I suppose it doesn't matter if you buy and replace them as a set.

I guess I'm too cheap to replace a ram that is still working. I did find one last night on Amazon that was 1333 mhz and was also Crucial brand just like the ones on that link. I confirmed with the seller my model and the option to return if it doesn't work. So hopefully I got it right this time.

Thanks for sharing that. I will let you know if it works when I get it the mail. For future reference, I'll be more careful when purchasing replacement parts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.