2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Ram and memory upgrades

HP Recommended
X360 cd-0508sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello can you confirm the maximum ram I can upgrade my laptop to. I understand i have a spare slot. 

I'd also like to cheek if there is a maximum I can upgrade my storage to, I want to at least double it.

Kind regards. 

2 REPLIES 2
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,704 44,481 7,172 12,716
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here's the Service Manual:

Manual 

You have 2 memory slots and the laptop uses DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM that will downclock to 2133 speed. You have an 8 gig module and an open slot. The Manual is incorrect saying that the memory is not accessible. It is. Also the maximum is 32 gigs not 12. It can run a pair of 16 gig modules. The storage is NVME M.2 SSD. There is no hardware limit but the largest M.2 SSDs you will easily find are 2 TB. You might find a 4 TB if you look hard enough. If so you can install as large as you can find and a 512 or 1 TB is not a problem at all. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

Morganwoolf
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer.

That puts my mind at rest, now all I have to do is decided on my budget and improvements needed.  

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation