Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion power - 15-cb003la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning everyone first of all I want to say sorry for my bad English. So try to follow me on this post.

I bought the notebook hp pavilion power - 15-cb003la wih 8GB of ram the Notebook worked amazing but I wanted an upgrade so I went to buy 8 gb more of ram ( Kingston Memorary  8gb SoDimm DDR4 2666Mhz Value ram) I installed it and hopes for some changes. I turned on my pc and I noticed that still said 8gb but with a change. It says confirmed ram 9.8 (some times says 10 and goes on)
Screenshot_2.png
So I formated my PC a couple of times and stayed on 8gb.

I googled for some time and I found this solution that tells you to go into windows + R and -> msconfig --> startup --> Advanced Option --> maximun of memory and set it to my max Ram that should be 16gb ( so 16384). 
The problem is that it gets reset to 8192 all the time like is a pre selected limit. I'm worried that theres is something wrong with my motherboard. 

If someone have another solution pls let me know. 
Thanks for your time.
Sorry for the long post here is a potato 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The Kingston Value RAM is known to cause issues. Firstly, you bought DDR4-2666 and it should be DDR4-2400. But its possible the laptop has DDR4-2666 in it as HP does that sometimes and in most cases its fine. But for some reason the KVR (Kingston Value RAM) modules just do not play nicely with the standard OEM memory (Hynix, Samsung, etc) HP tends to install at the factory. The KVR is configured to work with a large spectrum of laptops and sacrifices compatibility in some cases. I see you are in Chile. Something like this would work for you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Samsung-8GB-1Rx8-PC4-2400T-DDR4-2400MHz-Laptop-Memory-RAM-SO-DIMM-260Pi...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply man, I have good news. So I tried switching ports for the rams So I tested the new one first, turned pc on and pc started as always then I tried with both of the rams and the pc wouldn't start. At least on my first try on my second try the pc started and I got this now. Screenshot_3.png

HP Recommended

Thats great. My guess is you did not quite have it fully seated before. If it stays like this for a couple days you have solved the problem and are good to go. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.