Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-bs542tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will this ram work with my laptop? It has 4gb ram already. 

Screenshot_20210824-035539-picsay.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Your notebook's processor can only run the memory at 2133 MHz, but it is very hard to find DDR4-2133 memory anymore.

That has a CL15 latency.

The faster 2400 or 2666 MHz memory automatically changes its speed to 2133 MHz, so that is not a problem.

I cannot 100% guarantee the memory you originally posted will work, because that is generic memory that is not specifically recommended for your model notebook like the 2400 MHz memory I posted.

I think it will probably work though.

Since you can't return it once you buy it, you may want to play it safe and go with memory that is recommended for your specific model notebook, and probably could be returned since you buy it from Amazon.

But that is up to you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Probably, but I recommend you buy the Crucial memory specifically recommended for your model notebook.

Crucial 4GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT4G4SFS8266 | Crucial IN

It's much less expensive than what you picked out as well.

HP Recommended

Hi, the link you gave me is of 4gb ram. And in the picture is of 8gb one. It's just ₹900 more for 8gb one. 

If i use this one then my laptop will have 4+8=12gb of ram , would it work properly after that? Or should i buy 4gb one. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry, I goofed up on that one.

Yes, your notebook should work fine with 12 GB of memory, and someday you can max it out to 16.

I checked the 8 GB memory price for what is recommended for your notebook and it is considerably more expensive than 3359 Rs.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT8G4SFS824A | Crucial IN

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply buddy .

The link you've provided in your second reply is of 2400mhz ram , CL17 model , which has higher latency than the one I inquired about CL19. I think.

Would you tell me if CL19 8gb 2666mhz would work fine? I can get it for almost 3100 after discounts. Once i buy it online i can't return it. So i Want to be really sure. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Your notebook's processor can only run the memory at 2133 MHz, but it is very hard to find DDR4-2133 memory anymore.

That has a CL15 latency.

The faster 2400 or 2666 MHz memory automatically changes its speed to 2133 MHz, so that is not a problem.

I cannot 100% guarantee the memory you originally posted will work, because that is generic memory that is not specifically recommended for your model notebook like the 2400 MHz memory I posted.

I think it will probably work though.

Since you can't return it once you buy it, you may want to play it safe and go with memory that is recommended for your specific model notebook, and probably could be returned since you buy it from Amazon.

But that is up to you.

HP Recommended

It worked. Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

That is great news.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.