Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, is there a way to find out is my HP Pavilion G4-2039TX whitelisted?

I bought my laptop on 2012 and it is 3rd Gen i5 processor.

I need to change my wifi card asap.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not release any info on what model notebooks have whitelists.

Some general info I have collected over the last 10 years of being a member of this forum...

All HP notebooks made in 2011 and earlier have BIOS whitelists.

Most HP notebooks made in 2012 - 2013 such as yours have BIOS whitelists, with very few exceptions.

Most HP notebooks made in 2014 and later do not have BIOS whitelists with very few exceptions.

I have no data on anyone trying to upgrade a g4-2xxx model's wifi card, so unfortunately, you are on your own to experiment.

A cheap dual band N card to experiment with that might possibly work is this one...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth4.0 Adapter  HP part #730668-001.

You can probably find this card on eBay or Ali Express.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not release any info on what model notebooks have whitelists.

Some general info I have collected over the last 10 years of being a member of this forum...

All HP notebooks made in 2011 and earlier have BIOS whitelists.

Most HP notebooks made in 2012 - 2013 such as yours have BIOS whitelists, with very few exceptions.

Most HP notebooks made in 2014 and later do not have BIOS whitelists with very few exceptions.

I have no data on anyone trying to upgrade a g4-2xxx model's wifi card, so unfortunately, you are on your own to experiment.

A cheap dual band N card to experiment with that might possibly work is this one...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth4.0 Adapter  HP part #730668-001.

You can probably find this card on eBay or Ali Express.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.