Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hi! I'm having the exact same problem. I hope you can help me. Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @RachelAMC,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.What is your model or product number? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running?

I understand that your keyboard stops responding and you must either reboot or go into sleep mode and then wake the notebook for the keyboard to respond again. Is that correct? Did this occur recently? Have you made any recent changes?  If you connect an external keyboard when this occurs, does it work? Hope to get a response from you soon. 

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @RachelAMC,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.What is your model or product number? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running?

I understand that your keyboard stops responding and you must either reboot or go into sleep mode and then wake the notebook for the keyboard to respond again. Is that correct? Did this occur recently? Have you made any recent changes?  If you connect an external keyboard when this occurs, does it work? Hope to get a response from you soon. 

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Yesterday, my trackpad was working, my dock was charging but the rest of the keyboard wasn't. I woke up today and the trackpad is still working, thankfully, but  my dock isn't charging and neither is the restof the keyboard.

HP Recommended

Hi @RachaelAMC,

Thank you for the response. I gather the issue remains. Please answer the above questions to help me to assist you. When you are connecting the notebook to power, are you connecting directly to the outlet and not using a power bar / surge protector? If you check the connection to the dock, do they appear to be free of debris? Do the connections appear damaged in any way? (such as bent pins)

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

My product number: G6Q88UA#ABA

No, even if I reboot it, nothing happens. I'm using an external keyboard right now. I haven't opened my dock and it's charging again now. But the keys are still not working.

HP Recommended

Hi@RachelAMC,

Thank you for the update. I understand that the touchpad is now working and the dock is charging but the keyboard is not responding. You are using an external keyboard now. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎. If the issue remains, please contact HP Support for further assistance. Contact HP Support Fill out the online form and follow the prompts. Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.