Did you mean: 
Hocdeput
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Laptop Cooling Fan Test

Hi, I also have been having problems with the fans on my laptop (HP Spectre x360 - 15 -df0004na).

It is just over one year old and the fans will no longer run. I am not getting any error message and I have downloaded the program you recommended and both fan speeds are 0 RPM. I was initially thinking it may be a software problem as sometimes (before the fans stopped working entirely) when I started the computer, the fans would take a few minutes to kick in and turn on, when they should have been, as the computer was getting quite hot.

I really doubt that is could be a build up of dust as I have always taken great care to prevent this, however i probably will give it a go at cleaning it anyway.

As far as I know, the fans are not configurable on my laptop.

I would be grateful for any insight you may have on this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,574 19,563 1,293 1,958
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hocdeput,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the fan is not working on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Apart from cleaning the fan, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver on the computer and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Hocdeput
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply but unfortunately I have just tried all of these and the fans will still not work. However, I also used the HP PC hardware diagnostics software and no faults showed up so I am unsure what the problem may be still.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,574 19,563 1,293 1,958
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hocdeput,

I recommend you contact support as this looks like a hardware issue. They will further investigate the issue and suggest the best possible solution.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation