Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Envy M6 1105dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello, I just want to know if there's a recall on the Hp envy m6 1105dx laptops due to their hinges completely destroying the screen? I bought the laptop back in 2013 for close to 1200 dollars and didnt have any issues with the software or anything but the hardware was just a different story. I noticed that everytime I would close the laptop the hinges would split the screen a little and realized that the metal hinges were too tight for the plastic bezel, causing the screen to start breaking form the hinges. I tried to keep this in mind and would close the laptop from the hinges in order to take away the pressure form the screen but through time this just proved to be useless. One doesnt have the time to keep in mind the faults and shortcomings of a company that is completely capable of rectifying their mistakes. As the problem kept getting worse I would try to get it fixed but was told that it was a lost cause and to just replace it. That is just unacceptable especially since the problem kept getting worse through time to the point that theres videos posted by many other individuals on how to replace the hinges yourself! We paid alot of money for a laptop that I at least still believe to be complety capable in 2021 since I still have it plugged into my tv via hdmi port. Knowing that you did everything you could to take care of it after having paid so much and to have it all go to waste simply because of its hardware desing completely sucks. The picture shows the state of the laptop and the hardware shortcomings as of now. Please help.

20210614_185042.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

20210614_185042.jpg

HP Recommended

@CharlieBytes

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

I have sent you a private message. Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.