cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
PatrickBateman1
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Reduce the fan Speed/Noise

HP Recommended
HP Envy 17 2000ef
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I got an HP Envy 17 2000ef Intel Core  (i7 2630QM ) who got hot all the time and fan making a lot of noise!

1. The Fan 1 is stuck around 150-200 Rpm, it is normal?
2.  The Fan 2 make a lot of noise when it goes after 3000 RPM step, if it is around 2800 rpm the sound is acceptable,  there is a way to reduce it? ( i try with different software but look like i don't have access on it)

Thank by advance

1.png2.png

2 REPLIES 2
erico
Level 17
Level 17
49,286 11,829 4,785 12,998
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PatrickBateman1

Did you notice that SpeedFan 4.52 reports that your ambient temperature is 59C? 

59C=138.2 Fahrenheight

I suggest that you check to ensure that you have the latest BIOS installed. The Delta T algorithm that manages when the fan ramps up is in the BIOS firmware.

Don't forget to click on the green Accept as Solution button if I helped you solve your issue.
Click on the Yes button if my assistance was helpful and you would like to say thanks!
1 person found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
PatrickBateman1
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank For your reply,
yes the ambien is wrong for sure ( Paris in Winter is not so warm lol)

So what does it means my sensor are wrong?

i can't find my product in the list to update the bios

PatrickBateman1_0-1638793641935.png

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation