Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0751ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought computer. Ran great for 1 month. Then blue screens. Sent to hp for warranty repair. They said they replaced the GTX 1050. This took 1 month. Got it back. Not the same. Laggy slow, stuff randomly crashing no sound etc. Sent in again. This time they reinstalled windows. Got it back and now won't even open steam games, no sound again laggy stutter slow etc. I don't know what to do.  This thing is DEFINITELY not as good as when it was new. And it's only 3 months old! Do I send it in again? At what point do they just send me a new one? Because this is getting rediculous.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just to be clear: the first time this laptop was sent in, they replaced the graphics card. I immediately noticed it was slow,. Freezing, laggy and sound stops working. Things would crash randomly. I called up support and spent well over two hours running diagnostic tests. The tech even had me reinstall windows and when the problems persisted the tech told me to send it in again. This time I get it back. The ticket said they reinstalled windows and performed "extensive testing". This laptop is doing the exact same things as before. It seems to open Microsoft edge fine and many other things, but it is still slow and laggy and if i try to run a game it will freeze crash and sound stops again. It's like clockwork. How does the same issue keep getting past the extensive testing? So now I will call support for a third time.  I have had this laptop since late February. That's 3 months. It's been being serviced for a month and a half of that time. So not only do I have an unusable gaming laptop, but my 1 yr warranty is going down the drain. Is there some trick to getting this thing fixed or replaced?

HP Recommended

@Upsetuserhelp

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I am on the phone with support we are trying a few things but it would be lovely to have some follow up in a couple of days. Both times I have received this unit back from repair there has been no follow up and it is still not working right. I feel like I've been left on my own. Please, do a follow up!

HP Recommended

Quick update. The computer ran good for probably 10 hours after repair number 3. Now I get bsod constantly. Sending it in AGAIN. This has been awful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.