Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-da0077tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can we remove default HDD and use it from CD caddy bay or connecting external through USB cable whenever extra storage required?

(in case if in future SSD gets full)

Doing this will increase or decrease HDD R/W performance?

(in case if I need more extra storage

Tips:

HDD consumes more power.

Already have M.2 SSD no need of default HDD.

M.2 SSD is sufficient for storage and booting OS.

Default HDD is 2.5 inch Sata interface.

HP Notebook 15 da0077tx

8gb ram 1 TB default HDD

Motherboard 84A7 version 80.38

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Vinayak_Patil 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06110745

I don't know what are you trying to,  your machine has  1 TB 5400 rpm SATA and you added M.2 NVMe SSD to your machine.  As I said before, you can add M.2 NVMe SSD up to 2TB. How big did you install ?

1. You can clone old C: to new SSD and use M.2 SSD as boot drive

2. No need to remove old HDD permanently. You won't save much power when running 2TB M.2 SSD + 1TB 2.5" HDD. But if you wish you can remove it, put it an enclosure and use it as external HDD. You can sell it for around $50.

3. Running SSD alone when full, you simply buy new HDD and put it to existing bay. No need to use CD/DVD bay

I have no idea why you trying to run around with old HDD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.