Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-al101nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everybody 

I want to replace my internal Hard drive (WDC WD10JPVX-60JC3T0 - 931.51 GB) with Samsung SSD 1000 GB 970 EVO, If it`s combatable with my laptop or not. 

[personal information removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See this discussion.  What applies to this model would also apply to yours...A Samsung 970 would not work since it is NVMe.

Solved: Re: Are there m.2 slot in hp pavillion 14 al170tx - HP Support Community - 7908542

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See this discussion.  What applies to this model would also apply to yours...A Samsung 970 would not work since it is NVMe.

Solved: Re: Are there m.2 slot in hp pavillion 14 al170tx - HP Support Community - 7908542

HP Recommended

What about replacing my ssd m2, 128 gb with another one Samsung ssd evo 970 or 860 m2 500 gb

HP Recommended

You can install a 500 GB Samsung 860 SATA SSD.

The 870 is NVME and will not work.

Your notebook's M.2 slot only supports SATA SSD'S, not NVME.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your advice 

So, finally

1- I can replace my hard drive WDC 1000 gb with SSD sata 2.5’’ samsung 860 evo 1000 gb

2-i can replace my SSD m.2 128 gb with SSD m.2 500 gb Samsung evo 860 

What about cooling after replacing both of hard drive mentioned above, temp. of laptop may be increase ? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you can do both.

Actually I think if you replaced the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SSD, the temperature may go down a little because mechanical hard drives use more voltage and produce more heat than 2.5" SSD's do.

I doubt that going from 128 GB to 500 GB in a SATA SSD would add anything to the temperature.

It is NVMe drives that add heat.  The faster the read/write speed on the NVMe drive, generally the more heat it produces.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.