Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Probook x360 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Replaced the system board on this laptop (would not power on).  System powers on but I am getting two error codes when it first boots:

System is booting in manufacturer program mode...:32 

Your system is not fully configured.  Please contact HP customer support.

When I work with Lenovos I usually use a maintenance disk to update the Serial and UUID.  I have updated the serial information in the HP, but I am unsure what else is required, nor do I know what the manufacturer program mode.

Any information would be of great help.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can unlock/lock the Manufacturing Programming Mode with the Bios Config Utility (BCU) that you can get from here:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_BCU.html

You can find instructions with Google, e.g. this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjdPWlyX-0

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
HP Recommended

Just to help people out and not have them watch a 10 minute video for one simple command line, install the HP BIOS config utility, navigate to the install folder via command prompt, run this:

BiosConfigUtility64.exe /setvalue:"Manufacturing Programming Mode","Lock" /verbose.

If you had a password set (you'll probably not have done this yet, I had a password file already matching my password):

BiosConfigUtility64.exe /setvalue:"Manufacturing Programming Mode","Lock" /cspwdfile:"bpass.bin" /verbose

You don't have to use the 64 bit version, I just do since I build stuff out for different systems to only fit that one system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.