Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-n009sa Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I am needing a bit help here as I need to replace my keypad as the letter  G and H are not working  (letters being inputted via the onscreen keyboard at present)

I have a HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-n009sa Notebook PC

There are 3 sets of numbers for the replacement keypad, one on the frame (Replace with HP spare 740102-031 with DC13B0)

Then 2 on the connector ribbon (Sunrex P/N:V139246DK1 UK and HP Service P/N: 741062-031)

The confusion is when searching for the replacement the connector ribbon does not appear the same, I did find one but it was a Spanish setup and I require the UK setup. can anyone help point me in the right direction to get the correct one please?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nasus01 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to confirm the keyboard connector cable.

There is no separate part for the cable. The keyboard part will have connector cable.

Keyboard (includes keyboard cable):

The United Kingdom, for use with computer models with Intel processors 740102-031 n Please see the manual (page number 23 and chapter 3)

You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx 

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ 

Or alternatively, Contact HP for setting up an order/service via phone support   

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen

No, I am aware that the ribbon is part of the keypad, but gave all 3 part numbers that were showing on the keypad.

I have tried everything you have said already, apart from calling HP and the part number does not appear in the part surfer. I have managed to source one elsewhere thanks.

HP Recommended

@Nasus01

As the issue is hardware-related, the HP Support team will be able to assist you better. 

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.