cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Replacement Keys

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 - 15-bq213cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I spilled a little bit of soda on my keyboard, causing it to make my keys sticky. I pulled the 4 keys that were affected off, cleaned them, then put them back on. In the process, 2 of the keys had broken pegs, and 1 had a piece broken off the corner. I looked up how to get replacement keys, but every site either cannot find my specific laptop, or is eternally "Out of Stock". Did not know if there was a verified place to get replacement keys or if i just have to deal with pressing the little cap to type out that number/symbol.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,045 25,977 2,382 5,653
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PresidentRNixon 

With consumer laptops, individual keys are not replaceable so folks do not sell them.

You would have to look into replacing the entire keyboard.

If you are experienced at laptop repairs, you can often replace a keyboard for $25 for a new one and a half-hours work. I have done this on older HP laptops.

But, if you're NOT, there is a serious risk of breaking fragile connectors and cables doing this -- so I do not recommend it.

Instead, I would recommend you hunting down a local laptop repair place to have THEM replace the keyboard. Sometimes, on some models, you have to replace the entire top surface of the laptop, not just the keyboard. So you should get an estimate of what is involved before you have the work done.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation