Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP SPECTRE X360 15-BL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to find a replacement s key for my bang and Olufsen HP laptop. All replacement key websites say they are out of stock on the S key. My model is the 15-BL.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Justsomeguy7777,

HP doesn't sell individual laptop keys and it is highly unlikely you will be able to find a 100% genuine replacement online. You may want to contact HP and see what they can do.

Otherwise, there's always the option of replacing the keyboard although this may be a bit expensive and only necessary if there's an issue with the actual circuit.

Generally speaking, replacing a single key on newer chiclet-style keyboards is a bit of a hassle so it may be better to replace the entire keyboard. Let me know if this sounds OK and I'll follow-up with part number information.

Kind regards,

Edy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

The button still works and the H36 hinge is still good. The plastic tabs under the key is the only part that is broken. It would be a crying shame if I paid 1700 for a laptop that has a missing s key. Just trying to make the computer look like what it cost. Replacing keyboard is not a viable option.

HP Recommended

Just as an update on this I talked to HP and they do not have replacement keys. Cost between 300 and $500 in order to replace the entire keyboard for a single little plastic piece. Sounds completely ridiculous doesn't it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.