Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion g6-1162er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon ! help! After installing Windows 10, the laptop started to get very hot even when watching a video. I want to replace the processor, but I don’t know which one can be installed. Judging by the Intel manuals on my motherboard, I can bridge such an I7-2670qm and i7-3612qm. But earlier I ran into a Bios lock and I know that if it is not registered in bios then it will not start. I appeal to you as developers. Which processor can I put in place of my i5-2410M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @KOSTYANCHIK 

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02834221

The supported processors are listed in chapter 1.

According to the manual, no quad core processors are supported, but the i7-2620 is.

If you found an article where someone upgraded the processor to a quad core in a HP g6-11xx model, then that is good news.

But officially, it is not supported by HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi!
Most cpu's are soldered on the motherboard and cannot be replaced. Even if you could, the price for laptop cpu's are very high. 

The problem you are facing now is proberbly not a cpu issue. It could be fan related (not spinning or lot of dust in the cooling system?) or you can replace the old cooling paste between the cpu and cooling system so the heat can bether be transported.

HP Recommended

Every year I change the thermal grease and clean it from dust. It helps a little for about 4 months then the same thing. Moreover, thermal grease (when replacing) is not solid, but more viscous like clay. I found an article that described the process of replacing I5-2430 (35W) with i7-2760 (45W), they write that there were no problems with cooling. That is, the I7-2760 uses a less resource to perform the same tasks.

HP Recommended

Hi, @KOSTYANCHIK 

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02834221

The supported processors are listed in chapter 1.

According to the manual, no quad core processors are supported, but the i7-2620 is.

If you found an article where someone upgraded the processor to a quad core in a HP g6-11xx model, then that is good news.

But officially, it is not supported by HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.