Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Oh, i failed to see that. Thanks.

I have two questions now (last two) :
Image-2Image-2Image-1Image-1From IMAGE-1 as labelled, it says "15-bs1xx". So, you are saying, that "xx" means "bs145tu". 

From IMAGE-2 as labelled, I didn't understand those three sections, that I marked with arrows.

Thank you very much for your help.

HP Recommended
https://in.pcmag.com/intel-optane-ssd-800p/119094/guide/the-best-m2-solid-state-drives-of-2018?amp=1

That page asks to check this - "whether it's reliant on a SATA or PCI Express bus—so you can install the same, presumably roomier kind going in."

And also this - "verify with the board maker that an M.2 SSD of the bus type you are considering will be bootable."

As, you are my helper now, and I also don't have laptop and yet to buy it. Help me
HP Recommended
No more questions. Just tell me, if i can use Samsung 860evo 500GB SSD(which i had looked in last reply) in m2 slot of hp 15-bs145tu and make it default boot drive with Windows 10. The was no option to delete replies, i could have, if there was one.
HP Recommended

Document says M.2/PCIe - Do this mean BS145TU support PCIE NVME - M.2 SSD.  Also it mentions One M.2 slot for SSD and One M.2 slot for WLAN.

Can some one please confirm.. I am planning to buy m.2 and I am not sure to buy NVME or SATA M.2 SSD.

Onething is clear, BS145TU has M.2 slot but which type... please confirm

HP Recommended

To close this...BS145TU supports M.2 and only runs at SATAIII speed max.

NVME M.2 might work but will still runat SATAIII speeds so no use of buying that instead of standard M.2 SSD.

I tested keeping DVD caddy in place of DVD drive and thats working at SATA III speeds, so if you dont want to carry your laptop to service center, you can use this option.

HP Recommended

@Huffer

How much do they charge ? I have ssd & wanna replace it with hdd & will place hdd in caddy 

HP Recommended

Hey @neevan_reddy, have you updated you lappy, actually i have same model, dnt knw knw a m2 slot that y replacing hdd from ssd & will fit hdd into caddy

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes..I have replaced HDD with Samsung Evo SSD and then replaced DVD with drive caddy using the replaced HDD.  Both are running fine.  HP service centre will help you with replacement of HDD to SSD..for free..if we are in warranty..but we have to take care of drive caddy..

Thanks

Pavan

HP Recommended

Hi @U333v ,

Yes, I've added "Samsung 860EVO m.2 500GB SSD"  in the employee slot and I didn't even TOUCH the hhd bay and dvd bay. That issues all of the 3 shots available.  I've been using the lap with the ssd, hdd, dvd bay from day i bought(June 17th 2018) and I've faced no issues till now.

Link to it - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B078218TWQ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

HP Recommended

Can you share your phone no in msg, so that if they ask for money or they say they cud'nt do it, i ci can reference with you case??

Yeah i will take care of caddy & all, will 1st migrate os from sam migration tool then i just needed hdd replacement with ssd,

I dnt wanna do it manually,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.