23 21 0 1
Message 11 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Replacing DVD drice bay with SSD?

Oh, i failed to see that. Thanks.

I have two questions now (last two) :
Image-2Image-2Image-1Image-1From IMAGE-1 as labelled, it says "15-bs1xx". So, you are saying, that "xx" means "bs145tu". 

From IMAGE-2 as labelled, I didn't understand those three sections, that I marked with arrows.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 1
Message 12 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

https://in.pcmag.com/intel-optane-ssd-800p/119094/guide/the-best-m2-solid-state-drives-of-2018?amp=1

That page asks to check this - "whether it's reliant on a SATA or PCI Express bus—so you can install the same, presumably roomier kind going in."

And also this - "verify with the board maker that an M.2 SSD of the bus type you are considering will be bootable."

As, you are my helper now, and I also don't have laptop and yet to buy it. Help me
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 1
Message 13 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No more questions. Just tell me, if i can use Samsung 860evo 500GB SSD(which i had looked in last reply) in m2 slot of hp 15-bs145tu and make it default boot drive with Windows 10. The was no option to delete replies, i could have, if there was one.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
36 27 1 2
Message 14 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Document says M.2/PCIe - Do this mean BS145TU support PCIE NVME - M.2 SSD.  Also it mentions One M.2 slot for SSD and One M.2 slot for WLAN.

Can some one please confirm.. I am planning to buy m.2 and I am not sure to buy NVME or SATA M.2 SSD.

Onething is clear, BS145TU has M.2 slot but which type... please confirm

Level 3
36 27 1 2
Message 15 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

To close this...BS145TU supports M.2 and only runs at SATAIII speed max.

NVME M.2 might work but will still runat SATAIII speeds so no use of buying that instead of standard M.2 SSD.

I tested keeping DVD caddy in place of DVD drive and thats working at SATA III speeds, so if you dont want to carry your laptop to service center, you can use this option.

Highlighted
Level 1
10 9 0 0
Message 16 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Huffer

How much do they charge ? I have ssd & wanna replace it with hdd & will place hdd in caddy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 9 0 0
Message 17 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey @neevan_reddy, have you updated you lappy, actually i have same model, dnt knw knw a m2 slot that y replacing hdd from ssd & will fit hdd into caddy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
36 27 1 2
Message 18 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Yes..I have replaced HDD with Samsung Evo SSD and then replaced DVD with drive caddy using the replaced HDD.  Both are running fine.  HP service centre will help you with replacement of HDD to SSD..for free..if we are in warranty..but we have to take care of drive caddy..

Thanks

Pavan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 1
Message 19 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @U333v ,

Yes, I've added "Samsung 860EVO m.2 500GB SSD"  in the employee slot and I didn't even TOUCH the hhd bay and dvd bay. That issues all of the 3 shots available.  I've been using the lap with the ssd, hdd, dvd bay from day i bought(June 17th 2018) and I've faced no issues till now.

Link to it - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B078218TWQ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 9 0 0
Message 20 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can you share your phone no in msg, so that if they ask for money or they say they cud'nt do it, i ci can reference with you case??

Yeah i will take care of caddy & all, will 1st migrate os from sam migration tool then i just needed hdd replacement with ssd,

I dnt wanna do it manually,

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation