Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15 cc501-ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My laptop has two ram slots occupied with 8gb and 4gb(total of 12GB ram). Recently I had issues with my laptop booting up and found out that it was due to the 8GB ram(Model - M471A1K43CB1- CRC, It had some blue residue near it). Currently, I am using my system with the  4gb RAM and it boots up fine.

I want to get a new RAM which is of 4GB so that I can get a total of 8GB ram. The current 4gb ram model is a Samsung M471A5244CB0 - CRC. 

Since I couldn't find the exact same model in the market, I searched online and found the Kingston (KVR24S17S8/4). The only difference I found was that this one is a 1Rx8 while my current one is a 1Rx16. I was wondering if my current ram which is of 1Rx16 would be compatible with the new one. If not what exact specifications or model should I go for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Can you get the second memory module listed at the link below?

That would be your best option.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-15-cc501ne

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Can you get the second memory module listed at the link below?

That would be your best option.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-15-cc501ne

HP Recommended

Alright, thanks. I found this one using the link you provided -  Crucial CT4G4SFS824A. WIll this one be compatible with my present M471A5244CB0 - CRC to make up 8gb?

Also, this one again is rx8, so will combining rx8 and rx16 be okay? if not what is the difference or complications if present?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since Crucial lists that part number as compatible with your PC, it should work.

I don't know what the difference is between the rx8 and rx16 unless that refers to the number of little black memory chips on  the circuit board 8 or 16.

HP Recommended

Alright, thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know how your memory upgrade project went.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.