Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-cc050wn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all, 

I've recently installed Windows 7, 64-bit to a model 15-cc050wn notebook. This model came with Windows 10 and was never meant to run windows 7. I've gotten most of the drivers together with help from the wonderful people on this forum; however, to do my job as a writer, I need to be able to very specifically tweak the functionality of the touch pad, i.e. trim off the left and right edges of the pad so they don't function at all, turn down sensitivity, turn up palm check, have two finger scroll, etc. 

Right now I can't even type a fast sentence without the cursor jumping up a few lines and inserting  new text where it doesn't belong. I've tried a ton of drivers, one that even killed my touch pad and key board, so I think it's time to defer to the experts.

I'd be grateful if anyone has a work around for the driver; or, if there's a driver out there from an earlier HP notebook model that might work for windows 7 64-bit and this model of touch pad:

Hardware Ids:

ACPI\ETD0730
*ETD0730

Right now I've got an old Elan 8.0.7.0 driver installed that I know works, and I can roll back to if something goes wrong.  

I'd like to thank everyone in advance for your help 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@JuanPablo1

Thank you for joining the HP Community

As you have downgraded the operating system I doubt if the driver is available for Windows 7, if you can help me with the exact product number I will be glad to assist you.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj1788,

I fear you might be correct about there not being a driver for Windows 7 that will open up all the options I'd like. But if there is one that you know of, I'd love give it a try.

My product number is: 1KU11UA#ABA

Thanks in advance, 

JuanPablo

HP Recommended

@JuanPablo1
By performing a system recovery, the Windows operating system will reinstall all original software and drivers.

This document explains how to reset the computer to its original factory shipped state and is divided into sections based on the different ways of performing a system recovery. Click here to perform a system recovery. 
Note: Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I clean installed Win 7, because Win 10, in my opinion, is pretty terrible and super intrusive operating system. I'll re-partition the drive a little later so I can have a Linux partition; but besides the fact that the hardware was only made to work with Windows 10, and it has higher functionality with regards to the usb, touch pad, and keyboard; I really don't like it. 

HP Recommended

@JuanPablo1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.