Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 convertible 15 eb0043dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My problem is this.  I need the right click area to be larger than it is currently.  When I play games, it will randomly 'slip' and start doing left click functions in the middle of the game.  Which is entirely undesirable.  And with this magnificently large clickpad/trackpad stretching my fingers into a weird contortion to maintain contact with the 'right click' area is difficult.

I do not want to 'tap to right click' as that seems to cause some lag within the game as the system interprets the tap.  I have seen other answers on here where there was an option to customize where the right click 'zone' is, however that feature seems to have been either removed or hidden on my version of the software.

Is there any other workaround to this?  I've already been forced to disable palmcheck/smartsense with the registry editor.  Is this yet another thing I'll have to keep digging to find a hack-workaround for or is there an app I have missed seeing?

-The driver is the latest one available from HP. ( 19.5.35.50 )

-It's a Synaptic clickpad

-Windows 10 64-bit

-All updated as of 10-20-2020

Any help towards solving my problem would be great.  I've already sunk so many hours into troubleshooting this thing that it's just become annoying beyond all reason.  It'd be great if they'd just make an advanced setting app for the touchpad/clickpads that lets you do everything that Windows 10 seems to think you shouldn't need to mess with.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CuddleWoozle Here's all you need to know about customizing touchpad settings: click here to view

That said, since the device isn't designed for gaming but everyday computing, lags may be a normal, however, for best results for gaming in my personal opinion is to get an external USB mouse, instead of using the touchpad for the same.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but that's all information I already knew/had.  The issue I was really asking for was more along the lines of "Does anyone know how to get settings features that were apparently available before and have been removed for unknown reasons?"

I have external mice, but I don't like using them with a laptop because the way I use it makes it awkward to control.  (Probably because of the years and years of using the trackpad on my previous HP laptop for playing games makes using it seem more natural than holding onto the external mouse.)

Also, any computer capable of running a full suite of art-creation/video editing programs is fully capable of playing games, too.  The two things require many of the same features.  So, no, my game itself isn't lagging and plays just fine. It's just that the right click is in an incredibly awkward area of the clickpad for me and I wanted to see if it could be re-mapped to make it easier to 'hit'.  Which seemed to be a feature that could be edited before but the ability has been removed for some reason.

I've solved it in a somewhat less than satisfactory way by re-mapping the function normally controlled by the right click to a different key.  I'm just glad that the games themselves usually let you re-map keys these days.

HP Recommended

@CuddleWoozle All's well that ends well!

The games do allow the re-mapping of the keys, that said, none of the other ways of remapping keys are supported by HP.

And if you need anything else, feel free to write to us any time! have a good day

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.