Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
17-ca0607ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The right hinge of my hp notebook is breaking the case and I cannot properly open and close the display. I am really angry with the hp customer service as they want me to pay for their design fault.

This issue has been reported in this forum many times over. One can expect that the case can hold the hinge. It is rediculous and one can see how poorly the hp notebooks are designed and how weak the plastic is. 

Dear HP Team, I please you to fix the issue within 14 days. If I do not get an offer to repair the issue within 14 days I will file a complaint with the European Commission. Moreover, I will post reviews with these photos attached on Amazon and all major retail channels and note that all HP notebooks can have the hinge problem within a short time period and that HP is reluctant to repair their own production and design error.

Repair it now!!

IMG_20201230_120753.jpgIMG_20201230_120807.jpgIMG_20201230_120815.jpgIMG_20201230_120909.jpgIMG_20201230_120913.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @Danny1982,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, tried contacting Hp but because bought through a retailer they offered absolutely not help or support, can't even order a replacement part anywhere. Common problems with Hp. 

Ridiculous that there's no help or way of getting it repaired n the uk.

HP Recommended

@Claire52

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tried that already, once i type in the serial number it says can't determine warranty (there is no warranty) and says to then contact the reseller company. 

It won't even connect me to talk to someone.

Absolutely ridiculous 

HP Recommended

@Claire52

Thank you for posting back.

in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have nor received a message

HP Recommended

@Claire52
Thank you for posting back. 

I am unable to send a private message. You may use the link below to learn how to use HP Forums:: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/Learn-how-to-use-the-Forum/t...

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is no  envelope at the top of my screen or anyway to view messages.

Please try @claire56

HP Recommended

@Claire52

Have you tried the above link in order to know how to post in HP community? 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.