Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-x116dx

The bottom right hand side of the frame to my notebook's screen keeps separating. I see lots of others members reporting the exact issue so it seems to be a known design flaw. It looks as though it just needs to snap back in place but it keeps separating to the point where I don't want to close my notebook anymore and feel its a matter of time before pixels on the screen are damaged. Anyone found a good fix?  I'm really disappointed after taking such good care of my laptop I am dealing with this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It may not be immediately apparent but its actually a problem with the screen hinge. Generally repair is fairly expensive and complicated. I am going to escalate this to HP and see if there is any help to be offered. If not we can discuss further if you wish. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It may not be immediately apparent but its actually a problem with the screen hinge. Generally repair is fairly expensive and complicated. I am going to escalate this to HP and see if there is any help to be offered. If not we can discuss further if you wish. 

HP Recommended

@ssdgm

Hello, 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. 

HP Recommended

I’m trying to respond to the private message but it tells me I have reach my max number of private responses allowed??? 
Thank you.

HP Recommended

You cannot do one right after another...gotta wait between PMs. Its a fairly crude anti-spam measure. 

HP Recommended

"Hello, Due to global issues we are not currently offering replacement, repair services or Software for out-of-warranty PCs and printers. We do, however, have comprehensive resources for self-help options available online at www.support.hp.com. Best regards, Jeff Executive Escalations I am an HP Employee "

Hi Jeff,

here's some feedback from a customer's perspective. HP may want to change their approach to customer service. Customer's don't appreciate starting on the community forum to then be subjected to days of insincere attempts of customer service. Why was I asked to switch to private communication to resolve the problem is beyond me when its clear no resolution was intended. The world is going through a chaotic time and so we all are feeling some affects but the issues your company maybe experiencing has nothing to do with a poorly designed laptop that I had the misfortune of purchasing. When I purchase a replacement for my HP laptop I will remember product longevity and sincere customer support are at the top of my list and will buy accordingly.

I'm going to take your advice and do my part to make this a comprehensive self-help community that is why I feel this communication should be transparent to the many others expressing the same product issue. Don't worry I have not included any personal information such as case number, serial number, or email address. 
SSDGM

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I see that there are many angry customers complaining here about the hinges on their HP Notebook laptops. Is anything being done about this? 

I have done the go around looking for solutions, trying to talk to the unhelpful automated customer service both online and over the phone. I am very gentle with my laptop and rarely move it, besides opening and closing it. It's short warranty, is of course, expired, but I am hopeful HP will stand by their product and support us here. 

The internal computer is still working so I really hope we can get some support here! I would really appreciate an email or call.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

No, unfortunately absolutely  nothing is being done. I was hopeful they would even let me purchase parts or have it repaired from their service center but as you can tell from their response to me they are not even offering that to their customers. That was the point of my post to not let other people get sucked into their fake attempts by sending you private messages and then doing absolutely nothing but referring us to where we all started at. Purchase anything else than HP next time and good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.