Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Right side of screen separating?

HP Notebook - 17-x116dx

The bottom right hand side of the frame to my notebook's screen keeps separating. I see lots of others members reporting the exact issue so it seems to be a known design flaw. It looks as though it just needs to snap back in place but it keeps separating to the point where I don't want to close my notebook anymore and feel its a matter of time before pixels on the screen are damaged. Anyone found a good fix?  I'm really disappointed after taking such good care of my laptop I am dealing with this. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
41,982 41,770 6,626 11,575
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It may not be immediately apparent but its actually a problem with the screen hinge. Generally repair is fairly expensive and complicated. I am going to escalate this to HP and see if there is any help to be offered. If not we can discuss further if you wish. 

Highlighted
50 49 1 3
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@ssdgm

Hello, 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. 

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I’m trying to respond to the private message but it tells me I have reach my max number of private responses allowed??? 
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
41,982 41,770 6,626 11,575
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You cannot do one right after another...gotta wait between PMs. Its a fairly crude anti-spam measure. 

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

"Hello, Due to global issues we are not currently offering replacement, repair services or Software for out-of-warranty PCs and printers. We do, however, have comprehensive resources for self-help options available online at www.support.hp.com. Best regards, Jeff Executive Escalations I am an HP Employee "

Hi Jeff,

here's some feedback from a customer's perspective. HP may want to change their approach to customer service. Customer's don't appreciate starting on the community forum to then be subjected to days of insincere attempts of customer service. Why was I asked to switch to private communication to resolve the problem is beyond me when its clear no resolution was intended. The world is going through a chaotic time and so we all are feeling some affects but the issues your company maybe experiencing has nothing to do with a poorly designed laptop that I had the misfortune of purchasing. When I purchase a replacement for my HP laptop I will remember product longevity and sincere customer support are at the top of my list and will buy accordingly.

I'm going to take your advice and do my part to make this a comprehensive self-help community that is why I feel this communication should be transparent to the many others expressing the same product issue. Don't worry I have not included any personal information such as case number, serial number, or email address. 
SSDGM

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation