Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Mobile thin client - 4LF90UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I recently purchased the laptop, HP MT44 Mobile thin client, and after installing Windows 10 on it I found the problem. I tried updating all drivers and bios to the latest versions, changing power modes, nothing helps. Only at boot, if I press F9 and manually select Windows Boot Manager, the processor works as it should. But if I disconnect the laptop from the charger, the frequency is again reset to 0.38Mhz and does not change anymore, even if I reconnect the laptop to the charger. Only the above method works. Also, the cooler works non-stop all the time. I looked for similar issues, as I understand, the issue is in the BIOS, and the consumers cannot solve it in any way. Can you advise what should I do? Where should I contact to release a BIOS update that solves this problem? Cause i'm not the only one who has this issue/

Untitled.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ara7

Welcome to HP support community.

I suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

1. Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
  2. Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
  3. Click on Power and follow the  onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again. 

If the issue persists, please disable Microsoft services using the instruction in this link and check if it helps: click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Sandytechy20!  Thank you for your answer! I've tried everything you suggest, i even contact to local HP service center, they said that it can't be repaired because laptop diagnostics cannot reveal any problems. Only updating BIOS with the fixed issue can help. What should I do? I bought this laptop in USA, but currently i'm in Asia and i can't return it :-//

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.