Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
350 G2 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New Win 10 installation. With SD card in its slot, nothing is detected. Device Manager does not apparently show a card reader device.

Suggestions appreciated, bearing in mind that I have only a little PC knowledge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't see any W10 Realtek SD card reader driver on the 350 G2 support page.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to install the W10 Realtek SD card reader driver from the link below and see if that resolves the problem.

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the first file listed at the link below.

Card Reader Solutions > Card Reader Controllers Software - REALTEK

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't see any W10 Realtek SD card reader driver on the 350 G2 support page.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to install the W10 Realtek SD card reader driver from the link below and see if that resolves the problem.

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the first file listed at the link below.

Card Reader Solutions > Card Reader Controllers Software - REALTEK

HP Recommended

Thanks so much Paul, that worked a treat.

But I'm puzzled as to how you knew that it'd be Realtek - experience, I guess.

Why though don't HP not list it anyway on their Support Pages - I'd already tried there?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I have the HP 350 G1, and that has the Realtek card reader.  Most HP notebooks have the Realtek card reader.

The first thing I did was to go to the 350 G1 support page to get the driver and lo and behold, it was gone too.

It appears to me that HP removed a lot of W10 drivers from the 350 G1 & 350 G2 support pages.

The last time I visited the 350 G1 support page I seem to recall a lot more drivers.

Maybe they are working on some updates to the site?  I dunno.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul.

Thank goodness for your intuition re- Realtek!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.