Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 2540p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I never tested if the csd card reader worked, and now that I need it, I realized it is not working, so I checked the device manager and noticed that the sd card driver isn't there, or at least I guess it isn't. If it isn't which should I install, how do I install it and where do I find it?? Can anybody help me????

image.png

P.S.: that's what I see in my device manager.r

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You'll have to hope the W7 driver works, because that is the newest driver available for the model card reader your notebook has...the driver will install the device, but I don't know if it will work or not.

This package contains the Ricoh Media Card Reader Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Ricoh Media Card Reader driver enables the integrated media card slot.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46999.exe

The unknown device probably needs this driver...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You'll have to hope the W7 driver works, because that is the newest driver available for the model card reader your notebook has...the driver will install the device, but I don't know if it will work or not.

This package contains the Ricoh Media Card Reader Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Ricoh Media Card Reader driver enables the integrated media card slot.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46999.exe

The unknown device probably needs this driver...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

HP Recommended

It worked!!! Thanks, saved me! But, I only used the first link you sent me, the second, I don't know why, wasn't finishing the download. 

Anyway, thank you :D.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.