Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
V0Q02UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upon startup, I get a screen with the title "SMART Hard Disk Error" and 2 lines below, it says "The SMART hard disk check has detected an imminent failure. To ensure no data loss, please backup the content immediatly and run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics". I then clicked F2 which brought me to the System Diagnostics page, and after running a System Extensive Test, I was greeted with a failure message. The check that failed was the "Hard Drive SMART Check" and the Failure ID is as follows: RLL488-8B8968-MFPX7F-60ET03. Does anyone have any help for this?(I have all of my systems information if needed)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Translation:

Hard Disk 1 SMART Hard Drive Detects Imminent Failure

You need to replace the hard drive. Back up as much as possible

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Translation:

Hard Disk 1 SMART Hard Drive Detects Imminent Failure

You need to replace the hard drive. Back up as much as possible

HP Recommended

Okay. Thank you for the help! It is greatly appreciated 

HP Recommended

See p. 36 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

Let us know if you need any more help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.