Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
LOT33UA#ABA

Upon starting my computer it displayed a SMART Hard Disk error. I attempted to run the diagnostic test after pressing esc several times until the menu popped up. However, it would not let me press the f2 key needed to start the diagnostic. The screen then goes blank. If I try to continue the startup, the screen goes blank as well. My warranty has expired as well. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

15-f233wm is the model number. 

Pages 40-46 of the Service Manual show how to access the hard drive bay for replacement. 

Manual

A replacement hard drive is not expensive and Windows 10 can be downloaded and reinstalled for free with no need for a Key Code. If this looks like something you think you can do, post back and we will get more specific with instructions. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.