1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

SMART control of hard disk not successful

HP Recommended
Y6G66EA#ABZ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, since some weeks when I strat the laptop I get an error message about SMART check of the hard disk not successful. The Error ID is RSKX33-8JFAB9-XD7X6K-60D503. By ckicking Enter the Windows starts and the pc runs apparently without problems, but I'm afraid there is some potential risk on the HD integrity.

Has any of you already experienced such an issue?

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
43,980 43,766 7,020 12,376
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
RSKX33-8JFAB9-XD7X6K-60D503OKCND6xxxxQV12/26/20301StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 SMART Hard Drive Detects Imminent Failure

These tests are not as informative as you might hope, but this result means its time to replace the drive. You can go on sometimes for months with a drive throwing an error code and one day it just stops working and in the meantime performance degrades very slowly. Post back if you want help with the replacement and software reinstall process.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation