cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

SSD, GPU

HP Recommended
Elitebook 820G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two questions regarding my laptop. I am using HP Elitebook 820G1 Core i5 4th Gen.

1- Can I add Aditional SSD Drive ? or I have to change HDD to SSD?

2- Can I change my Graphic Card? If yes, then what minimum graphic card?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,486 41,733 4,567 12,070
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1- Can I add Aditional SSD Drive ?  You can upgrade your current M.2 SSD to one with a greater capacity

or I have to change HDD to SSD? You can do that as well to get better performance

2- Can I change my Graphic Card? If yes, then what minimum graphic card? Unfortunately, the answer to that is a No. Your notebook's graphics solution is something that can not be upgraded.

upgrade M.2 SSD requirements   (2242/DS M.2 form factor) SATA      (DS=double-sided, 2242 is the SSD physical dimension format) https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk00vVV3MCeRHrd58ZD1DXJLhPeKXIA%3A160294...

Upgrade Notebook SSD requirements:  2.5" SATA-3

Your notebook's Maintenance & Service guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04657844

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate. the Product number
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation