unknownboy
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

SSD SUPPORT ISSUE

HP Recommended
HP 15-DA0330TU ( I5)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I WANT TO UPGRADE MY LAPTOP WITH SSD DRIVE, CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME THAT DOES MY LAPTOP SUPPORT NVME SSD AND,

HAS IT LAN ALLOCATED GEN3X4 AND MY LAPTOP BIOS HAS  NVME PROTOCOL ?

PLEASE SUGGEST ABOUT THIS SSD, THIS WILL SUPPORT IN MY LAPOTOP OR NOT ?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07VXCFNVS/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_glc_fabc_7EAVRY5WCTNW63HGCARD?_encoding=UTF8&...

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,251 119,428 19,507 29,812
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since your notebook has an Intel core processor, the M.2 slot your notebook has supports NVMe drives as well as SATA.

See chapter 1 of the service manual for the supported drive types.

HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

No specs are provided regarding the BIOS settings or what generation PCIe x the M.2 slot is.

If I am not mistaken, when a M.2 slot supports both SATA and NVMe M.2 SSD's, the NVMe SSD may not achieve its full read/write speeds.

But the Kingston NVMe drive you posted should work, and it should be at least 3 x faster than a SATA M.2 drive is.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation