Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello @Riddle_Decipher

Do you mean it's underneath the HDD? Because today when I reached out to local tech support team in my place, they are not sure where the M.2 slot resides and they said it's not there! That's why we took few pictures to get it clarified here!! If you can highlight the same in the picture which I attached before, that'd be very much helpful!

Sorry for the trouble! It's just that I want be sure before spending money on M.2 SSD!! 

Thanks for understanding! Really appreciate your support in this!

Regards,

Karthikeyan

HP Recommended

@Karthik623521

Welcome back!

I understand exactly what you mean, I would have done the same, no worries!

That said, the video I attached should have explained it, however, here's the picture you needed:

Keep us posted, 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Riddle_Decipher

Please find the below images! The adapator which you have highlighted in your comment is the Optical DVD Drive adapator.

IMG_20181129_184755.jpgIMG_20181129_184803.jpgIMG_20181129_184835.jpg

Regards,

Karthikeyan

HP Recommended

@Karthik623521

Thank you for responding,

There seems to have been some mix up with the motherboard description provided to me, I have forwarded the request to the R&D Team and I'll have them respond to it,

I suggest you give us about 72hrs, while we find the exact location of this slot,

Patience is a virtue, please stay with us.

And have a great day! ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Riddle_Decipher

Thank you! Please keep me posted! 

Regards,

Karthikeyan

HP Recommended

@Karthik623521

Thank you for replying,

I'll keep you posted as soon as I have an update,

And just send us a reminder if you don't hear from us within 3-4days.

Take care and have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Riddle_Decipher

By the time Product team figures out that, I would like to prepare for the case if I don't have the M.2 Slot in my laptop!  In that scenario, I need to go with the caddy where I need to remove the Optical Drive, put a caddy! Replace the exisiting HDD slot with SSD and put the 2TB HDD in Caddy!

1. If I need to buy a SSD which can be replaced in the exsiting HDD slot, it will support 500/1TB SSD right? I believe, I don't have limitation of like 256GB for M.2 Slot type?

2. The SSD form factor which I need to look for is, 2.5inch 9.5mm SSD Sata III right? which can replace the  HDD in the exisiting slot! 

Thanks in advance! Looking forward from your Product team information for the M.2 slot as well 🙂 

Regards,

Karthikeyan

HP Recommended

@Karthik623521

Welcome back!

I have sent another reminder to prioritize your concern, while they report back to me, let me answer your questions:

1) That's right, there shouldn't be any limitations as such, although, as mentioned before, upgrades are not supported by HP, so you may make the changes at your own discretion.

2) you've got that right, that's the one you need.

I'll send out the response from the R&D team as soon as I have it.

I hope the above answers help!

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sure! Thanks @Riddle_Decipher

HP Recommended

@Karthik623521

The pleasure is all mine, my friend!

Give us another 48hrs, while I get the information we need to sort this out.

Stay with us,

Have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.