Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

SSD can not be found

HP Recommended
HP w7t00ea#ab8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 4 years ago I bought an HP energy star laptop. I wanted to add a ssd disk to it instead of a CD drive. HOWEVER the computer does not find the new disk. The disk is functional because I checked it on another computer and it worked. I can't do anything in the bios because there is no access to the advanced functions. can you help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
88,625 88,511 11,313 24,295
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MarekKar wrote:

Hello, 4 years ago I bought an HP energy star laptop. I wanted to add a ssd disk to it instead of a CD drive...

@MarekKar 

Your machine is an  HP 15-ba010nt, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05178747

And you put SSD to its ODD slot, what for ? Well, this is not going to work as your plan. But please check all connectors first specially the caddy.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wanted to add a second disk. I installed the adapter with the new ssd disk in the cd pocket - connected properly, but the laptop cannot see it. The second Dell laptop worked right away, it was enough to format the new drive. HP laptop cannot find the disk. All internet tips come down to the settings in Bios, but my bios insydeH20 f.37 does not have the advanced tab. Is it possible to have two disks in my laptop simultaneously? I hope I have clearly described the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation