Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop 16-n0000 (63B17AV)

1000061002.jpg

I have a HP Omen 16-n0123ax laptop which came with 1Tb preinstalled ssd. Decided to upgrade and install 1 TB WD Black SN770 M.2 (2280) but it doesn't fit in. I have the same ssd easy installed in PC (Gigabyte B650M gaming X AX) motherboard. Never thought installing SSD would scare me so much. 

The SSD barely goes it, cannot screw it that way. 

Pic attached. That is exactly how much it goes it. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Nevermind, I got it in finanlly after posting this. Goodnes, I get things done by myself every time I make a post here. How do I delete this? I see no option to delete posts. Mod, please delete my posts. Sorry for disturbing you with my stupidity. 

HP Recommended

Hello.

The SSD is not fully inserted into the socket.

Remove the SSD, and reinsert it. Slide it in in a ~30 degree angle. Then push the SSD down and make sure the screw hole is aligned to the notch on the edge of the NVMe SSD. If not, reinsert it again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.