cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

SSD on HP Compaq 610

HP Recommended
HP Compaq 610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi to al!!. 

I´m need help regarding an old HP Compaq 610 Notebook. I decide to install it a Kingstone SSD drive 120 GB´s. 

My problem is that after boot on Windows 7 / 10, the notebook start to increase temperature. I know this because the sound of the fan cooler. At some point, this situation creates some "bottleneck" in my system. It doesnt crash, but sometimes freezes the entire system. 

After all, I decided to go back and reinstall the old HDD.

After a little research, I just found that I need to activate the AHCI feature on BIOS, but i´m unable to find these option, because it doesnt appear in the BIOS menu. I searched for all the place, but just is not there.

My notebook is very clean, from inside to outside. I have 4 GB´s DDR2 RAM. 

What can I do to make the SSD work in my notebook?. I´m open to suggestions, pleople.

Thank all of you in advance and regards from Argentina!.

Tincho.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
123,154 113,335 18,248 27,858
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

AHCI should be enabled by default in your notebook.

Go to the device manager.

Click to expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers device manager category, and there you should find a Microsoft AHCI controller or an Intel ICH8M SATA AHCI controller.

You can install the latest drive controller driver from the link below.  Restart the PC after installing the driver...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50624.exe

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation